Packed with superfoods and essential fatty acids, this plant-based power-house recipe is a great pre-workout booster thanks to its solid ratio of long-burning fat and easily accessible carbs. Made without grains, dairy, and eggs, they’re A.O.K for most common foods allergies, and are free of course of chemicals, preservatives, and refined sugar unlike their usual store-bought counterparts. Best of all, they require no baking at all for you oven-phobes out there! Make them up on a Sunday night and enjoy all week long, or bring a big batch to share with coworkers and your gym buddies - just be forewarned that they might start expecting you to be their permanent supply of these dangerously addictive treats!
Raw Fruit + Nut Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 30min-1 hour in fridge
Makes about 15-20 small-medium squares
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups dried fruit (currents, cherries, goji berries, blueberries, apricots, figs etc.)
- In a food processor, process almonds to fine and set aside in a bowl.
- Place other ingredients in food processor and process to a creamy consistency. Add ground almonds and process to combine. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Chop nuts into small pieces and add to bowl with mixture.
- Place dried fruit in bowl with mixture and mix to combine.
- Press into an 8-inch square pan and place in the fridge to set.