Prep time: 5-10 minutes (depending on desired toppings and flavour additions)
Cook time: About 5 minutes (will depend on the size of each pancake)
Say hello to your new favourite super simple, all-purpose paleo pancake recipe! High in fibre, protein, and essential fatty acids, this recipe will leave you both satisfied and nourished. And best of all, the only sweetener is potassium-rich banana, which will add some extra pep-to-your step whether you’re enjoying these flap-jacks as a brunch-time treat, or a weekday bite…I personally often make up a batch of them ahead of time and re-heat them on pan for a quick breakfast, lunch or dessert.
*You can add any flavouring you like, such as dark chocolate chips, blueberries, coconut flakes etc., and top them with a variety of goodies! For example, the photo shows a stack flavoured with blueberries, coconut flakes, and dark chocolate chips, topped with a berry compote, whipped coconut cream, hemp hearts, chopped almonds, walnuts, and bee pollen
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tblsp coconut flour
- 1 tblsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tblsp coconut oil, melted (and some for pan)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
2. Add banana and mash together with the eggs.
3. Mix in the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt, followed by the coconut oil.
4. Melt about 1 tblsp of coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat.
5. Ladle or spoon some batter onto pan (whatever size you like)
6. When you see a few bubbles start to form, flip the pancake to finish cooking, and then serve!