Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Setting time: 20 minutes
If you’re searching for a high- powered post-workout treat or satisfying super-snack, look no further! Made with chickpeas, almond flour, almond butter and shaved almonds, these gooey blondies are packed with protein, and the sprinkling of sea salt will help restore electrolyte balance. Not only that, but chickpeas contain, iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin K, which are all important factors in bone health and blood pressure management. Chickpeas are also high in potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B-6, all of which contribute to heart health, and their selenium content is fantastic for your liver and skin. And of course we all know the amazing powers of almonds when it comes to your skin thanks to their essential fatty acid content. The EFA’s found in these impressive nuts are also necessary for proper brain and cardiovascular function, and contribute to cell growth and repair. Make a batch to store in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week, or share with your fitness friends and coworkers and I promise you’ll be a big hit at the gym or your office!
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond slivers for topping
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 8x8 inch pan with coconut oil or grass-fed butter.
2. In a food processor, add all ingredients and process until batter is smooth.
3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle almond slivers on top
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown (the batter may look underdone, but you don't want them to dry out!).
5. Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares.