Quick and easy - I just came from work and I’m tired from a long day.
Foolproof – I’m not a great cook and I’m nervous I’ll mess it up.
Flavourful – I get bored of the same things all the time, and want to add a little punch to my usual go-to’s.
Healthy – I find when I’m tired or in a rut, I go for the “bad” options
...this is a pretty typical list of requests I can from clients when we’re doing meal planning and dietary strategy to compliment their wellness goals. It may seem like an impossible check-list, but as you’ve probably noticed, healthy, easy, flavourful, foolproof, and as few steps as possible, is the norm in the Whole Happy kitchen. This is not only to develop delicious and nutritious options for my clients, but because I too have a busy life, I too love some flavourful mid-week go-to’s, and I too like to fuel my body with nutrient-dense whole foods so I feel my best.
This right here, is one of my faves, and evidently, is one of my clients’ faves too. With just a few ingredients, and even fewer steps, you turn an otherwise bland chicken breast into a tasty and satiating topper for your veggies, salad, and bowls.
Coconut Cilantro Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 free-range/pastured chicken breasts
- ½ cup coconut cream (think the thick stuff in a can)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, and pour over the coconut cream, and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt and pepper, as well as the chilli powder.
- Place the lime slices on top of the chicken breasts, and top everything with the chopped cilantro.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the breasts are cooked through.