If you’re needing a treat that will provide you with a bit more pep in your step, then look no further! These little power balls are “choc”-a-block with energizing ingredients like maca, coffee and cacao powder, all of which don’t just provide you with a bit more buzz, but also have a number of other health benefits that go beyond keeping you awake…and sane. Make up a batch and store in your fridge or freezer to enjoy after your breakfast or before a workout!
- When consumed in moderate amounts, coffee has been shown to improve symptoms, and diminish likelihood of acquiring diabetes, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, liver, prostate and kidney cancer, stroke, and imbalanced gastro-intestinal flora.
- Can improves brain function
- Have been shown to improve athletic performance, muscle growth and recovery if consumed prior to a workout
- Rich in vitamin B vitamins, C, and E, calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids
- Widely used to promote sexual function of both men and women by boosting libido and increasing endurance
- Balances your hormones and increases fertility
- Aids in menstrual issues and menopause by alleviating cramps, body pain, hot flashes, anxiety, mood swings, and depression.
- Can help with muscle growth, improve iron levels, and restore red blood cells
- Has been shown to keep bones and teeth healthy
- Allows the body to heal from wounds more quickly
- Helps to clear acne and blemishes
- Helps alleviate anxiety, stress, depression or mood swings
- Flavanols, theobromine, and other components found in cacao may lower blood pressure and enhance circulation by promoting dilation, strength, and health of blood vessels
- The antioxidant power of flavonoids as well as the essential minerals and vitamins found in cacao improve blood flow and reducing plaque buildup on artery walls, and diminish the effects of oxidative damage (cancer, aging, degenerate diseases). In fact, a study from Cornell University found that raw cacao powder contains nearly twice the antioxidants of red wine, and up to three times the antioxidants found in green tea!
- Contains fiber and stimulates the body’s production of digestive enzymes for digestive support.
- Contains alkaloids, proteins, beta-carotene, leucine, linoleic, lipase, lysine, and theobromine, that all work together to improve physical and mental health.
- A known aphrodisiac around the world
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup tahini
- 4 tblsp coconut oil
- 1/3 – ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tblsp freshly ground dark roast coffee
- 2 tblsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca
- ¼ finely ground sea salt
- ½ cup goji berries
- Hemp hearts or shredded coconut for coating
- In a food processor, combine dates, almond butter, tahini until smooth
- Pulse in coffee grounds, cacao, maca, sea salt, and ground almonds.
- Transfer for a medium sized bowl and fold in goji berries
- Sprinkle topping of choice onto a plate.
- Form mixture into about 15 balls, about the size of golf balls and roll over topping until fully coated.
- Place truffles in a freezer for about 20 minutes and then keep in fridge until ready to eat.